Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wow I can't believe it has been over a year since I have been on my own blog.

Lots of things have taken place over the past year.
Starting last spring we built our long awaited garage(20 yrs of waiting). It is so rewarding watching my husband spend time in there.
On one half he built his woodshop...he loves working with wood, but has never had a place to do it. Now he has the place and I have all kinds of projects I would love for him to make!
That took about 5 months to finish. We had lots of help from my wonderful brother Mark and his wife Diane! we couldn't have gotten it done without them.
After the garage was completed we finished landscaping. Now I am awaiting spring to see all the new lovely plants and flowers!
With the economy being as it is my work slowed way down, it is showing a glimmer of growing now!

With a lot of prayer and research I am now studying massage for cancer patients. It has been a long difficult at times decision for me. See I get attached to each one of my clients and to loose one of them I always thought that was just more than I could deal with. But God had other plans! He introduced a man to me who had 4 types of terminal Cancer. He came for his first massage a little unsure. He was mainly coming for his wife. When he returned for his second massage he shared with me how well he had slept, which he was having difficulty sleeping. But what moved me most was when he shared how wonderful it was to be touched with warm and caring hands. I asked him to share with me what he meant. He said it was very rare anymore to feel good when someone was touching him! ( Drawing bld, all his tests, cemo etc.) It was at that moment I realized it wasn't about me anymore! It was about using the gift God has given me to give comfort to others. He was able to come for a couple more massages and he shared things with me that made me feel good and I felt that at times I was getting more from his massages than he was!
He soon passed away after his last massage and yes it broke my heart! But I now know another direction that God is gently guiding me into with my massage! God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

1 comment:

Megan said...

LOVE your testimony about helping terminal patients. It is hard to care about someone and then lose them, but what an honor to be able to bring to them some healing and relief while they are still here. Glad you found time to blog again!