Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well yesterday was a day full of all kind of adventures. Wednesday's are my days off. So I got to sleep in. Which was much needed, being I didn't get much sleep the night before. But I was up by 7:30 which like I said was sleeping in. Our furnace was acting up so we called and they said someone would be to our house between 9:00am and 11:00 am, I just love it when they can give you a specific time! But they showed up at 9:30 and finally figured out the problem now the furnace would start right away again. January in Northern Indiana is not the time to be having furnace issues! We even had it serviced in October.
Then Tenley gets up and isn't feeling well. She has the sinus cold and sore throat that I had the week on Christmas, and Carmen started with it 3 days ago. Carmen today was well enough that she went to work.
So the rest of the day was spent taking care of the girls, do laundry, house work and taking down all the Christmas decorations.
I even had time in the morning to put some homemade turkey and noodle soup together and put it in my crock pot for our supper that night!
After eating I decided to put the left over soup in containers so we could have them for our lunches, I needed to let them cool a little before putting the lids on them. So I walked to the living room to shut the drapes and I hear this strange noise coming from the Kitchen, I turn to see Maggi(my boxer) standing on her hind legs and pulling one of the containers off the counter and it dumps all over the kitchen floor. Needless to say I was furious, I know this is dumb but we have carpet in our kitchen! I spent and hour cleaning up. I couldn't believe Maggi did this, we have had her for 10 years and this only the second time she has ever done this. Well I let her know how mad I was, she ran and hid under our dinning room table. We did make up later in the evening.
Plus Jerry left at 7:00am for Wisconsin and won't be home until Saturday. So I am taking care of some of the stuff he normally takes care of. I can honestly say I don't know how single parents do this.
But I ended the day on a happy note, Jerry called and we were able to talk for a while and then I crawled into my nice warm bed for a short sleep before starting my day all over.

No comments: